POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: St
Date: 31 Jan 2008 11:58:51
Message: <47a1fe4b$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> In fairness, there have been rapid-development tools to do this.  I used
> to use one called Visual AppBuilder (which then was renamed "Microbrew")
> that consisted of designing a UI in a UI designer, and then building
> program logic flows by building a flow diagram.  There was no actual
> coding that took place, and you could do some pretty involved things with
> it.  The functionality could be extended by a real developer as well, so
> you weren't limited to just the modules included in the box.

    Wow, that's the same as Crytec use (not the program you mention) when
editing a map in the new Crysis game - flow graphs! After starting my own
custom map, I find it fascinating to use. It looks so simple, join this
command to that command, and see what happens. The logic node is probably
the most used, but there's a stack of others to use in a map, like a physics
node, math node, etc. It looks easy, but I'm sure there's a fair bit of code
behind these nodes.

    ~Steve~