POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? : Re: OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 31 Jan 2008 15:42:50
Message: <47a232ca$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Could-You-Explain-Programming-Please.aspx

Nothing quite that bad, just the normal family-requiring-tech-support
that want to know if Windows is so bad and I'm at school learning to
program why I don't just write a better OS.

The funny situation occurred when my hairdresser asked if I could write
a spreadsheet system for her, to manage the store's money. After some
banter about how UI isn't really my thing, but the math behind it wasn't
that hard she offered the math in COBOL if I could make an interface.

Me: Wait, you know COBOL, have you tried just any simple spreadsheet?
Her: Yeah, but I type in the numbers and then still have to do the math
on paper. I can't make Microsoft Office do the math for me.

Me: You know, each box can be treated as a variable.
Her: Wait...how?

*scribble on back of credit card bill '=A3 + A5'*

Should have tried for a free hair cut, after what she offered to pay me
to do it all for her.