POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new news client Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  new news client (Message 51 to 60 of 60)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: new news client
Date: 29 Jan 2008 00:35:30
Message: <479ebb22@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Alain wrote:
>>> Have you tryed "cheating"?
>> I saw a great tool for tunneling IP over DNS.
>>

> What next, IP via Morse Code timed SNMP pings? The check sums would need
> work, one faulty router in the middle and S turns into O.

I saw an RFC for IP carried by Carrier Pigeons, once :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 30 Jan 2008 12:59:38
Message: <47a0bb0a@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
>> At what point was that? Even MS-DOS let you have extensionless files.
>
> Heck, CP/M let you have extensionless files. :-)

yes, for old systems like Unix and all, extensions are just part of the
name, nothing special.  I was under the impression that on Windows it
was just another artificial limitation imposed on users, like GUIs and
dialog boxes...

Post a reply to this message