POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new news client : Re: new news client Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new news client
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 00:14:54
Message: <47a2aace@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> ISTR that it used to be (at least) with DOS that the interpreter/shell
> (ie, command.com) had special handlers for .com and .exe and that you
> couldn't execute a program with.

I'm not sure what that means. But yeah, I don't necessarily count
Explorer (for example) as "part of the OS". It's just a shell.

But that's what I meant by "except maybe EXE and DLL files". I'm not
sure if the extension is required to be there for some of the exec/spawn
type calls to work.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?