POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new news client : Re: new news client Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new news client
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 21:10:05
Message: <47a3d0fd@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:14:54 -0800, Darren New wrote:
>>> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> I'm not sure what that means. But yeah, I don't necessarily count
>>> Explorer (for example) as "part of the OS". It's just a shell.
>>
>> Yep.
>
> so what?  Unless you go calling kernel subroutines by hand just to
> overcome the limitations the shell imposes, the shell and its
> idiosyncrasies is what you, as an user, is limited to.

Uh, yeah, most programmers call kernel subroutines by hand.

My point being that all the stuff about file extensions meaning certain
things, and ".gif" files being images etc, is all handled by explorer.
If you want to have ".c" files be images and compile C source code
stored in ".jpg" files, nothing prevents you.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?