POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Question of the day... (Message 27 to 36 of 86)
From: Sabrina Kilian
Subject: Re: Question of the day...
Date: 27 Jan 2008 07:02:13
Message: <479c72c5$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> So the taxi drivers on the moon both do and do not accept tips.

Schrödinger's Taxi Company. Where you aren't sure if you will survive
the trip, or even if you ever arrived.

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 28 Jan 2008 04:18:14
Message: <op.t5muqz16c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:17:10 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Phil Cook wrote:
>> And lo on Thu, 24 Jan 2008 03:39:38 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
>> did spake, saying:
>>
>>> Is there free will in Heaven?
>>>

>>> (FWIW, I think either answer leads to some obvious problems. :-)
>>  Sure, except as soon as you exercise it in a way contrary to the
>> ruling authorities you'll be kicked out. It's like 1984 with harps and
>> clouds.
>
> Well, that was kind of the obvious problem with the answer yes. *Can*
> you get kicked out?

There's a precedent.

> If so, why is Heaven any better than Earth?

It's got those harps and clouds and the fullsome sense of smugness caused
by being there.

Okay in all seriousness if everyone thinks the same way in Heaven then
it's possible that the only way in is to display those same traits on
Earth. Therefore you have no free will nor free will to lose you are
simply repeating your Earthly actions in Heaven. If you were the type of
person to become disatisfied with that then you wouldn't have been allowed
in. Satan/Lucifer/Adversary doesn't count as he was always in Heaven.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message