POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question of the day... : Re: Question of the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question of the day...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 28 Jan 2008 04:29:10
Message: <op.t5mu88h8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sat, 26 Jan 2008 04:43:44 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> The assumption that such a place exists at all,
>
> Then the answer would be "no", not "yes". :-) If the place doesn't
> exist, then asking whether there's something at that place would be
> answered "no". Do the taxi drivers on the moon accept tips? No.
>
> Even taking as an assumption that heaven exists, the question raises
> what I think are obvious problems.
>
> What if you go to (Christian) Heaven, meet Mohammed, and he convinces
> you that Jesus isn't your Savior after all?  (OK, well, that's assuming
> Mohammed went to heaven, which according to christians he wouldn't, but
> just say...)
>
> 1) God kicks you out. So heaven isn't eternal after all.
>
> 2) God lets you stay. So God's just yanking your chain on Earth,
> intentionally putting you into a situation where he can punish you for
> something that doesn't bother him enough to kick you out once you're
> there.
>
> 3) You can't make that choice. Then again, free will is given to humans
> only to trap them into going to Hell anyway.

"Mock The Week" got it right. There is only one true religion when you die
you end up in a room with representatives of all the world's religions
lined up in a row. You go to the relgion of your chose and they hold up a
little card with "Bluff" written on it.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com