POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pachelbel Rant Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Pachelbel Rant (Message 7 to 16 of 36)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Pachelbel Rant
Date: 20 Jan 2008 14:30:00
Message: <web.4793a0f54158ffb1985111ae0@news.povray.org>
> "This is your brain on music" by Levitin. He studies the
> neurology of what happens when you listen to music. And then he
> illustrates it with examples from popular music (like the Beatles, not
> Pachelbel. :-)

you know, that title seems to say absolutely nothing.  Nobody listen/reacts to
music in the same way.  In particular, someone who digs rap is not likely to
take a kick out of Mozart.  People in general have a real hard time trying to
follow or understand the complicated developments, multiple voices and harmony
of western classical music tradition.  Anything with more than an easy melody,
no percusion and no videoclip is best avoided...

Post a reply to this message