POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just wondering Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Just wondering (Message 11 to 20 of 42)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: reverse
Date: 16 Jan 2008 11:10:58
Message: <478e2c92$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:11:57 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> I know my laptop has S-Video out on it. (While not really knowing what
> S-Video is.) I was really astonished when I hooked my laptop up to the
> TV; all the text was unreadably blurry. But then, I guess you normally
> view a TV from the other side of the room, so why bother making it
> produce a crisp image of something you can only see from a few feet
> away?

I have to disagree with Warp - I don't believe this is not an NTSC vs.
PAL issue; NTSC and PAL signaling are different enough that the image
would appear corrupted (different number of lines, different scanrate,
etc) and would flicker a lot (PAL is 25 fps, NTSC is 29.97 fps).

That said, you should have settings in the video drivers to select the
output format, or there should be a utility to switch it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message