POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just wondering : Re: Just wondering Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just wondering
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Jan 2008 01:01:58
Message: <478eef56$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> One of the more popular systems for Windows is BeyondTV. You also get
> the ability to tell their system, "Record all new episodes of X", and it
> will automatically schedule them.

Media Center does something like that. (I.e., it might not do the same
thing, but it does something you could describe the way you just
described it.)

> I **do** suggest that, no matter what
> you use, you set it up on its own dedicated PC.

Yah. Actually, I don't watch that much TV, so I'll often run bittorrent
there or POV or something. Running something that doesn't blast the CPU
or disk much, or which hits the CPU but is set to run at a lower
priority, and it seems to be fine.

> I have no idea how well Media Center works for doing
> this, but you ***won't*** find it listed as a good alternative on *any*
> site dedicated to TV capture cards. Take from that what ever you want.

I don't have any complaints about mediacenter itself. The hardware I
bought seems pretty sucky, but the actual mediacenter program itself
works fine for me. And it's quite easy to use.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it