POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just wondering : Re: reverse Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reverse
From: Phil Cook
Date: 16 Jan 2008 11:40:10
Message: <op.t4064h0ac3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:08:05 -0000, Jim Henderson

<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake, saying:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:21:14 +0000, Invisible wrote:
>
>> While we're on the subject... If you wanted to, how hard is it to
>> connect a PC to a normal TV? (Obviously, PCs normally run at vastly
>> different scanrates and lack the propper connectors...)
>
> Depends on your videocard.  My laptop has an S=Video out, so usually
> just have to plug it in.

A friend of mine was having fun trying to do that with his laptop, no

picture. Faffing with the video drivers, no picture. Turned out he neede

to invoke the secret Fn+Fx key combination to switch screens. After some

pointers I think he ended up with a dual monitor setup so he could set t
he

resolution of the TV independently from his laptop screen.

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com