POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Solve this... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Solve this... (Message 27 to 36 of 56)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Solve this...
Date: 31 Jan 2008 03:47:27
Message: <47a18b1f@news.povray.org>

> > OK, I think I've got it:
> >
> > "If you were to lie about telling me the truth about which door was safe,
> > which door would you indicate was safe?"
> >

> Just shoot him on the foot!

  It wouldn't work in the original situation where you can only ask *one*
question (which implies that you can interact with the guards just once).

  If you can ask them limitless questions or interact with them in an
unlimited way, the task becomes trivial.

  I thought about another way of restricting the situation: The guards
will never answer to questions (or to actions) which would directly reveal
whether they are lying or telling the truth. (The solution to the original
problem never actually reveals which one is lying and which one is telling
the truth, and thus it's still a solution in this situation.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message