POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  The unexpected... (Message 31 to 40 of 56)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: The unexpected...
Date: 16 Jan 2008 01:21:56
Message: <478da284@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>
>> Hey, congrats on hearing back!  Did he give you any useful advice?
>
> Not really, no.

Ah, a Wilkinson letter.

"You have a very impressive resume. Unfortunately, we can't hire you at
this time."

The first sentence lifts you high, the second sentence snips you off
real close and smooth.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2008 01:22:39
Message: <478da2af$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Interesting. I didn't know that. (Does it also apply in the UK?)

It sure as H doesn't in the USA! :-)

From: Invisible
Date: 16 Jan 2008 04:10:05
Message: <478dc9ed$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hmm... perhaps this is why I have never accomplished anything in my
>> entire life?
>
> IMO, the best approach is not to worry about pleasing other people or
> about what other people think.  Just be yourself.

Heh. Just imagine what must be possible if you possess self-confidence...

> Overall, the group (several hundred members) has appreciated what I've
> done.  The subset that are unhappy with me are a small minority, but they
> can be very vocal.

...and this is why I'll never be a leader. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> Interesting. I didn't know that. (Does it also apply in the UK?)
>
> It sure as H doesn't in the USA! :-)

Oh yes - the singing fish episode...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/