POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 16 Jan 2008 10:07:29
Message: <op.t402vnsuc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:43:31 -0000, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>> Invisible wrote:
>> > Interesting. I didn't know that. (Does it also apply in the UK?)
>
>> It sure as H doesn't in the USA! :-)
>
>   While I'm not inherently opposed to capitalism (as long as there's a
> strong government protecting people from exploitation), sometimes it
> feels
> that the capitalist ideology has gone way too far in the US. Sometimes it
> feels that employers and companies have way too many rights over
> employees
> and individuals.
>
>   Maybe it's a bit of a counter-reaction (if not even an over-reaction)
> to the dangers of communism?
>
>   I'll be interested in seeing Michael Moore's documentary about the
> farmaceutical industry in the capitalist US. Should be interesting.
> (I know he sometimes presents conveniently selected truths, and I do
> take them with the proper grain of salt, but I'm sure that he has good
> points.)

Just seen it recently, better then his other films in that for the first
half he not only stays out from the front of the camera, but doesn't
appear behind it either he's VO only. He eulogises about the NHS without
mentioning how we're trying to turn it slowly into the American system.
Then has some fun in France and Cuba.

"How much is this medicine in the US?"
"About $120"
"And here [in Cuba]?"