POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The unexpected... : Re: The unexpected... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The unexpected...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jan 2008 11:13:27
Message: <478e2d27$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:10:04 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>>> Hmm... perhaps this is why I have never accomplished anything in my
>>> entire life?
>>
>> IMO, the best approach is not to worry about pleasing other people or
>> about what other people think.  Just be yourself.
>
> Heh. Just imagine what must be possible if you possess
> self-confidence...

I don't have to.  :-)

But one way of gaining some self-confidence is to not care what others
think, or at least to not care as much what others think.

>> Overall, the group (several hundred members) has appreciated what I've
>> done.  The subset that are unhappy with me are a small minority, but
>> they can be very vocal.
>
> ...and this is why I'll never be a leader. ;-)

Give yourself time; never say never.  10 years ago, I was an IT person,
and had no ambitions to be any kind of people person or to lead in any
way.  Yet here I am, and I've found that I'm not bad at it.

Jim