POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My mouse Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  My mouse (Message 14 to 23 of 43)
From: scott
Subject: Re: My mouse
Date: 15 Jan 2008 04:58:35
Message: <478c83cb@news.povray.org>
>>> 3. It wouldn't have suddenly started happening at exactly the time I
>>> changed some software.
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Why would software make the batteries go flat?

It wouldn't.  But it's certainly not impossible the batteries ran flat at
the time you changed software.

BTW did you try running Windows in safe mode for a while to see if the same
thing happens?

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jan 2008 05:08:12
Message: <478c860c@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> The point being, if you have keys to move the mouse and click the
>> button, *every* program can be completely operated using only the
>> keyboard.
>
> But *really* slowly

Oh yeah, sure. Having real keyboard shotcuts is faster when they're
there, but being able to do the thing at all is better than nothing...

>> Hmm... I wonder if anybody has developed a small 3rd party solution to
>> this?
>
> Control Panel -> Accessibility -> Mouse -> "Use MouseKeys".

Ah. Interesting...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> Why not?
>>
>> Why would software make the batteries go flat?
>
> It wouldn't.  But it's certainly not impossible the batteries ran flat
> at the time you changed software.

No, just really unlikely. ;-) Anyway, as I said, changing the batteries
was the first thing I did - until I noticed that the activity light is
still going, indicating the signal *is* being received.

> BTW did you try running Windows in safe mode for a while to see if the
> same thing happens?

No - but I could do...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/