POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Most incomprehensible films ever (Message 239 to 248 of 278)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
Date: 11 Jan 2008 16:25:52
Message: <4787dedf@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> #2 2001 Space Oddessy.

  I just rented it because it's more than 10 years since I last saw it.
It's surprisingly good, especially considering that it was made in 1968.
While not perfect, many space movies made decades later with better
movie-making technology look worse and have more physical inaccuracies.

  Anyways, as for being incomprehensible... Only the last 15 minutes or
so were incomprehensibly abstract (and, according to the director,
completely on purpose), but everything before that was quite clear and
straightforward.

  It would be cool to know that if Kubrick had decided to make a more
comprehensible ending (perhaps something dark), how it would have affected
the popularity of the movie.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message