POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  This is scary stuff (Message 41 to 50 of 76)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Re: This is scary stuff
Date: 28 Dec 2007 16:50:00
Message: <web.47756f699a76bba6e2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> In, this and several other post by you, you mention the immigrants as a
> problem. There is no counter post that shows interest in or friendship
> for them. In view of the discussion I though it useful to point out that
> this is exactly why immigrants don't feel welcome. It was not meant as a
> personal attack, merely as as meta-observation.

Although not specifically a "counter post", I did, in my reply, state
specifically that racism is destructive and irrational.  Your general point,
however, that immigrants receive too little in the way of specific welcome and
acceptance, I grant as correct.  I thank you for suggesting (by implication) a
specific constructive action that an individual might take in opposition to
racism.

For the record, to anyone who has recently immigrated to my country (the U.S):
Welcome.

Also for the record, to any and all who insist on saying: "I'm not a racist, I
just don't like immigrants.":
Oh Puhleeeeeeeeeeeez! Who do you think you're kidding?

Best Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message