POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: andrel
Date: 29 Dec 2007 08:11:46
Message: <4776479A.20202@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> Mike the Elder <zer### [at] wyanorg> wrote:
>> Also for the record, to any and all who insist on saying: "I'm not a racist, I
>> just don't like immigrants.":
>> Oh Puhleeeeeeeeeeeez! Who do you think you're kidding?
>
>   That's exactly the multiculturalist brainwashing: Criticizing immigration
> and immigration policies always implies racism. It's simply impossible for
> someone to not to be racist and criticize immigration at the same time.
> Anyone who is not racist must have a completely positive attitude towards
> immigration.
>
>   It's a strong weapon at shutting up people, really. They have successfully
> implanted the notion that criticizing immigration and/or immigration policies
> is racism. Nobody wants to be racist. Thus nobody dares to criticize anything
> related to immigration, not even in their minds.
>
>   Why is it so hard to accept the notion that racism and immigration
> critique don't necessarily have to go hand in hand? Why is it so hard to
> accept the notion that someone can be completely non-racist, and still
> criticize immigration policies? Is it really so hard to even consider the
> possibility that automatically equalling immigration critique with racism
> is just false propaganda?
>
>   I am not a racist. I don't even oppose immigration. I welcome immigration.
> The kind of immigration which makes the society better for all, the people
> of the country and the immigrants themselves.
>
>   I oppose immigration policies which result in segregation and animosity
> between groups. Careless immigration policies just do that, and the worst
> thing is that the people who pass those immigration policies can't see it.
> The worst thing is that people refuse to see it. They just close their
> eyes and ears and repeat the mantra that everything is well. They repeat
> all the mantras taught to them by the multiculturalist fanatics: There is
> no problem. The only problem is that western white males are racist.
>
>   But hey. Don't listen to me. After all, I oppose immigration and ergo
> I'm automatically a racist, and nobody wants to listen to racist people.

I am afraid that if anyone says he is against immigration without any
nuances, the valid conclusion is that he is a racist* simply because he
is treating people not as individuals but as members of a group. The
problem is of course that the situation is much too complicated to talk
about 'immigration' as if that is a single problem. You do understand
that but you still keep repeating one-liners that suggest otherwise.
Thereby you put yourself in a vulnerable position as people tend to read
and remember only the one-liners.

My advice would be to not bluntly say that you are against immigration,
but always acknowledge that there are also genuine asylum seekers who
have to fear for their lives in their homeland. And that there is a
difference in integration problems in Finland for Russians versus Swedes
versus various western european countries versus for instance the Iraqi
and Afghani. Not to mention the Christian Iraqi versus the Muslim Iraqi
versus the Kurdish Iraqi.

That leaves open the question on how to put that in a few lines to make
your position clear. To which my honest answer is: I don't know.

* racism being used as a shorthand for discrimination based on race,
colour, faith, gender, sexual preference etc.