POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: Warp
Date: 29 Dec 2007 09:48:13
Message: <47765e2d@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> * racism being used as a shorthand for discrimination based on race,
> colour, faith, gender, sexual preference etc.

  I have never understood why the word "racism" needs to be expanded
beyond its original meaning to mean basically any form of discrimination
or even aversion.

  It's a weasel word similar to "terrorism" and "pedophilia". Accurate
definition be damned, let's generalize it, blur its meaning and use it
as a loaded word for political or other reasons.

--
                                                          - Warp