POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I guess Warp scared Invisible away... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  I guess Warp scared Invisible away... (Message 21 to 30 of 51)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: I guess Warp scared Invisible away...
Date: 13 Dec 2007 07:04:19
Message: <tt72m39umnfdhaf8rduv18djt4qb95jetr@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:53:05 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote in message

>>>  The longer you wait, the harder it gets...
>>
>> Often the reverse is true :)
>
>     LOOOOL! (I hope not!!)   :o)
>
>      ~Steve~

Just you wait, young man :)

BTW Some say that it is a blessing.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias
Date: 13 Dec 2007 07:19:06
Message: <4761233a@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> Um... I posted a message here less than 12 hours ago? (Sure, it was a
> reply rather than a new thread, but it's there. Actually, it was a reply
> to Warp, ironically...)

See, that's what I meant talking about covert ops. I don't have that
much time to sift through all the tons of off-topic posts and see if I
can find yours. I checked the rather regular "New thread by Invisible"
quota and found that you've gone silent.
I personally found Warp's phrasing a little harsh, but others already
mentioned that they don't mind your posts, so I figured it covered. But
then, no more posts from Invisible! So I got a little worried. (Yes, I
didn't "just notice", I got a little worried, you're a sensitive guy).

>> Maybe he's on covert ops and I'm stirring something up that had better
>> been left alone. Maybe asking about Invisible will start a nuclear
>> flame thread, because his cover is blown and the situation escalates.
>
> LOL! You loon.

:-)

>> But I don't know. I'm just wondering where our mascot went. I'm
>> worried that he ran off and hooked up with some girl that deserves and
>> appreciates his wits... Err... No. Scratch that. If he's done that,
>> I'm proud of him and not worried. :-)
>
> [not sure whether to be amused or insulted by this point]

Be amused! Why should that be an insult? I'm wishing that you'd rather
ran off with a girl instead of being sulky about something, or worse,
that something bad happened to you. That's not an insult, is it?

>> So, Orchid, what have you been up to? Scheming to take over the world?
>> Or did Pinky mess it up again?
>
> My mother is rebuilding our kitchen. The house is currently a building
> site. We have no running water or heating. (Current temparature outside

> didn't have any electricity either. Navigating the various rooms of the
> building requires caving gear. We've eating food out of cans cooked on a
> portable camping stove.
>
> My God, that sounds more made-up than Tim's suggestions! LOL! But trust
> me, *this* is the actual truth. Oh, and did I mention the moving
> furniture, drilling and cutting wood, cutting and joining plumbing, and
> lifting large heavy objects?
>
> This is the worst Christmas ever. I'm almost *glad* to go back to work.
> (!!) Oh yeah, and that's going to be so much fun... just think how much
> might have gone wrong in 3 days. (3 days?? It seems like 6 months...)

And after the kitchen is ready, you and you're mother will be baking
cookies to secretly convince everyone that you're both really GREAT
PEOPLE and it'd be the BEST FOR EVERYONE if you get World Leadership...
I get it. Cunning plan. Not sure if it's going to work. Not everyone
likes cookies...

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

>> Um... I posted a message here less than 12 hours ago? (Sure, it was a
>> reply rather than a new thread, but it's there. Actually, it was a
>> reply to Warp, ironically...)
>
> See, that's what I meant talking about covert ops. I don't have that
> much time to sift through all the tons of off-topic posts and see if I
> can find yours. I checked the rather regular "New thread by Invisible"
> quota and found that you've gone silent.

Just don't have much time to go near the computer, that's all.

> I personally found Warp's phrasing a little harsh, but others already
> mentioned that they don't mind your posts, so I figured it covered. But
> then, no more posts from Invisible! So I got a little worried. (Yes, I
> didn't "just notice", I got a little worried, you're a sensitive guy).

Heh. A bunch of random Internet heads know that I'm a sensitive guy. Now
if I could convince some girls of this fact...

Interestingly, I usually *do* have time to read almost every single post
on this forum. And then get bored that there are no new posts popping
up. I should probably get a life or something...

>>> But I don't know. I'm just wondering where our mascot went. I'm
>>> worried that he ran off and hooked up with some girl that deserves
>>> and appreciates his wits... Err... No. Scratch that. If he's done
>>> that, I'm proud of him and not worried. :-)
>>
>> [not sure whether to be amused or insulted by this point]
>
> Be amused! Why should that be an insult? I'm wishing that you'd rather
> ran off with a girl instead of being sulky about something, or worse,
> that something bad happened to you. That's not an insult, is it?

"Maybe he got a girl? No. Scratch that. Silly idea..." ;-)

>>> So, Orchid, what have you been up to? Scheming to take over the
>>> world? Or did Pinky mess it up again?
>>
>> My mother is rebuilding our kitchen.
>
> And after the kitchen is ready, you and you're mother will be baking
> cookies to secretly convince everyone that you're both really GREAT
> PEOPLE and it'd be the BEST FOR EVERYONE if you get World Leadership...
> I get it. Cunning plan. Not sure if it's going to work. Not everyone
> likes cookies...

Maybe they could be like Wilderness Cookies and have cocane in them?

Post a reply to this message

> "Maybe he got a girl? No. Scratch that. Silly idea..." ;-)

Course, you JUST HAD to understand it the wrong way... Even though it
says what I meant right there in the original post, but here's a
rephrasing just to be 100% sure:
"If he ran off with a girl, scratch that I'd be WORRIED, I'd be PROUD." :-P

>> And after the kitchen is ready, you and you're mother will be baking
>> cookies to secretly convince everyone that you're both really GREAT
>> PEOPLE and it'd be the BEST FOR EVERYONE if you get World
>> Leadership... I get it. Cunning plan. Not sure if it's going to work.
>> Not everyone likes cookies...
>
> Maybe they could be like Wilderness Cookies and have cocane in them?

Hm... Of course, those eating the cookies would be thus turned quite
easily... Still haven't resolved the problem of non-cooky-eating people.
But you're remodelling the entire kitchen, you'll probably have room for
some other tasteful meal...

Well, I've warned everyone here by now. If they spread the word, your
plan is mute, and you need to come up with something new. Sorry for all
the work on the kitchen and stuff, but I can't just let you take over MY
world... Eh... Ups. Did I say that out loud?  q>.<p

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

> "If he ran off with a girl, scratch that I'd be WORRIED, I'd be PROUD." :-P

Sadly, this is not the case. (The girl I was hoping for has simply
stopped speaking to me.)

>> Maybe they could be like Wilderness Cookies and have cocane in them?
>
> Hm... Of course, those eating the cookies would be thus turned quite
> easily... Still haven't resolved the problem of non-cooky-eating people.
> But you're remodelling the entire kitchen, you'll probably have room for
> some other tasteful meal...

But they're Wilderness Cookies! People will buy them even if they don't
intend to eat them, because they're so cute. ;-) [Or maybe from the
cocane fumes, if I keep them warm...]

> Well, I've warned everyone here by now. If they spread the word, your
> plan is mute, and you need to come up with something new. Sorry for all
> the work on the kitchen and stuff, but I can't just let you take over MY
> world... Eh... Ups. Did I say that out loud?  q>.<p

"See his eyes, they're bloodshot red, and bloodshot's what you're going
to be. It's not the fact that he's following you, it's that he's not
trying to hide it, that's what's bothering you..."

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Heh. A bunch of random Internet heads know that I'm a sensitive guy. Now
> if I could convince some girls of this fact...

LOL

> Interestingly, I usually *do* have time to read almost every single post
> on this forum. And then get bored that there are no new posts popping
> up. I should probably get a life or something...

I set the kenned ham thread to 'ignore' so that its posts don't show as
unread. That thread (flamewar?) was (is?) growing out of control.

But I'm now reading the *other* 53 (!) unread posts from .off-topic

Post a reply to this message