POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:58 EDT (-0400)
  Surprise! (Message 100 to 109 of 109)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Surprise!
Date: 12 Nov 2007 23:36:25
Message: <473929c9$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>>>     Fair enough. I incorrectly thought the term photon was used only
>>> for electromagnetic phenomena.
>>
>> Could be. But isn't that kind of what we're talking about? :-)
>
>     I use the term electromagnetic only when there's an electric field
> coupled to a magnetic one. But I suppose that's merely my idiosyncrasy.

Probably more like because you actually studied physics. :-)

What do you call the photons that aren't coupled with both an electric
and magnetic field?  Or no field at all, for that matter, such as
exchange particles inside molecules?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we