POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: Alain
Date: 13 Nov 2007 19:04:12
Message: <473a3b7c$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/13 17:47:
>> You need a non-ionic fluid like oils or other organic, non-aquous, fluid.
>>
>> Alchool could be used, as well as glycerin.
> I think Cray used propylene glycol (anti freeze) at one point,
> but I might be mistaken.

It's a good termal medium. Easily available, cheap, good termal capacity,
non-corosive, non-conductive, relatively low dielectric constant to reduce
parasitic capacitance. It's very plausible.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.