POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Surprise! : Re: Surprise! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Surprise!
From: Alain
Date: 13 Nov 2007 19:00:57
Message: <473a3ab9$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/11/12 23:36:
> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>> Darren New wrote:
>>>
>>> Could be. But isn't that kind of what we're talking about? :-)
>>
>>     I use the term electromagnetic only when there's an electric field
>> coupled to a magnetic one. But I suppose that's merely my idiosyncrasy.
>
> Probably more like because you actually studied physics. :-)
>
> What do you call the photons that aren't coupled with both an electric
> and magnetic field?  Or no field at all, for that matter, such as
> exchange particles inside molecules?

There are no particles that are not coupled to a field, if at least one. It can
be electric, magnetic, strong force, weak force, gravity,...
In any molecule, the "exange" particle is the electron.
In a nucleus, you have several of them, some that are extremely heavy,
contributing to the strong or the weak force. When I say extremely heavy, I mean
that some are heavier than the whole atom! As strange as it can look.

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.