POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Word processors (Message 31 to 40 of 102)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Word processors
Date: 5 Nov 2007 13:24:15
Message: <472f5fcf@news.povray.org>
> (As far as I can tell, nobody else here knows how to work styles either.
> Granted, most of them wouldn't actually *care*, but our report writers
> certainly might...)

How anyone can write a report in Word (or any WP) without using styles (or
their equivalent) is beyond me.  How do you generate and keep updated the
table of contents without them?  Or create a list of tables/figures?  Or let
alone change the format of the section headings!

It's funny how companies spend thousands of pounds sending employees on
training courses for bizarre pieces of software, but most fail to teach
their employees how to use the software they use every day most effectively.

Post a reply to this message