POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 5 Nov 2007 14:10:06
Message: <472f6a8e@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote
>> So, I figured out LaTeX and HTML (not to mention POV-Ray, the Lambda
>> calculus, cryptography, inorganic chemistry, and much else besides) yet
>> I couldn't figure out M$ Word?
>>
>> What does this say about M$ Word? ;-)
>
> Nothing. It says more about your anti MS-bias. Mind is a funny thing; if you
> have somehow convinced yourself that learning something is beneath you (or
> above you, but I suspect that's not the case here), you won't be able to
> learn it, no matter how hard you try on the surface.

Well, you could say that. And I came to OpenOffice Writer fully
expecting it to be much better. But you know what? I couldn't figure out
how to use styles in that either. (At least, not very reliably.) I
wanted to be able to say "haha, Word sucks, OOW is better", but I can't
because it's not true. Is that bais?