POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Word processors : Re: Word processors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Word processors
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 5 Nov 2007 13:40:12
Message: <472f638c$1@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:

> Don't get too smug Andrew, it has a corollary:  What does it say about
> you? ;-)

I'm stumped. What *does* it say about me?

>> I just think sans serif text looks primitive and unsophisticated and
>> generally childish. (Arial is almost as ugly as my own hand writing -
>> and that's saying something!)
>
> Then we disagree on taste.

Fair enough.

> ... and I notice that while your reply shifts off-subject to complain
> about trivial points about fonts you hate and M$ you hate, you bypassed
> any notice of the important thing that this was all about:  That help to
> get you out of your predicament was given to you at all.  I even made a
> document for you to demonstrate the principle.  Even a "Thanks, I
> appreciate the effort and examples, but it didn't solve my issue" would
> be more socially apt.

Well, you said it only took you a few seconds to do it; I assumed that
meant it was no huge hardship to you. I didn't actually mean to appear
ungreatful. (And I thought my reply to Scott made it clear that I've
solved this particular problem now... although on reflection maybe that
isn't so clear.)

> At times like this, I think you deep down hate it when people help you
> to solve your problems, because your original motivation was only to be
> heard complaining.  Solving things takes away your justification to keep
> in a publicly bad mood.

It's times like this that I wonder why I hang around here, when so many
people are so keen to repeatedly tell me what an evil person I am. Trust
me, I have enough little voices in my head repeatedly reminding me that
I don't desurve to live without you adding your voice to it.