POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wahahahaha! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Wahahahaha! (Message 121 to 130 of 170)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Wahahahaha!
Date: 9 Nov 2007 04:33:02
Message: <4734294e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Well if we are going for a P***ing contest:)

> uniselector and a rotary phone dial. It could add and subtract with the output
> in binary. Almost as much fun as the wine making.

Um... technically that's not a stored-program computer. :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Nov 2007 04:34:25
Message: <473429a1$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:20:39 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>> The original programmer with access to the sourcecode *can* deduce data
>>> from it.
>> I seriously doubt it...
>
> I've done it, several times, even with things I'm not the original
> programmer for but have access to the source code.

Really?

Well, it still sounds absurdly improbable to me, but I'll take your word
for it.

Now, how about that Windoze habit of saying "The program has experienced
an error and will be shut down. Do you want to send debugging
information?" What do you estimate the chances are that *anybody* will
do anything at all with the data thus sent? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> > Well if we are going for a P***ing contest:)

> > uniselector and a rotary phone dial. It could add and subtract with the output
> > in binary. Almost as much fun as the wine making.
>
> Um... technically that's not a stored-program computer. :-P

I think really it was an electro mechanical abacus. It had two hard wired
programmes, add and subtract. :) You had to throw a switch to change the
operation.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message