POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life Sucked at My School This Week Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Life Sucked at My School This Week (Message 39 to 48 of 58)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week
Date: 21 Oct 2007 13:15:37
Message: <471b8939$1@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:
> And one strange thing:  Back when the flints on the sides of matchboxes
> were made more substantially than they are today.  Peel them off the
> sides of the matchbox.  Strip as much cardboard off their backs as you
> can, to get the brown flint/phosphor patch on the thinnest paper layer
> possible.  Place it face-down on a cold tin lid.  Burn it.  It fizzes a
> bit like a match head, but the flame is smoky and smelly.  Blow off any
> ash. You find an orangeish semi-liquid condensate on the lid.  Dip a
> forefinger tip in it, then rub your thumb and forefinger together.
> White smoke rises from your fingers. In the dark, it glows when you do
> this.

I'm begining quite concerned about the people I'm hanging round with... o_O

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 21 Oct 2007 14:00:10
Message: <471b93aa@news.povray.org>
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> > Crackle powder (I think). We had great fun with that at university.
Scatterd
> > some across the cmp sci main office floor. Was a thick pile carpet. For
some
> > reason we weren't popular the next morning... *g*
>
> And I thought you were such a *good* little girl... :-0

I wasn't the brains behind this one. Besides, I didn't have access to the
chem lab.
Most of the honours class was in on the prank.

Post a reply to this message