POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life Sucked at My School This Week : Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life Sucked at My School This Week
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Oct 2007 10:36:42
Message: <471cb57a$1@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:
> I also used to make bangs with two large bolts, one large hexagonal nut
> and a lot of match-heads.  Half-screw one bolt into the nut, scrape the
> phosphorous from several matches into the well, screw in the other bolt,
> then throw it at a concrete surface or hit it end-on with a hammer.
> Four or five heads was enough to make a bang.  Twenty matches was enough
> to make an air-splitting gunshot explosion.  On that occasion, one bolt
> completely stripped out of the thread and went so far from the point of
> impact that we never found it.

Nice. I was always an aerosol-can-on-the-campfire person myself.
Especially good if there's still plenty of deodorant in the can - you
get a nice big fireball as well as the bang. Of course, best viewed from
behind a tree twenty feet away.

My venture scout group used to do a christmas weekend away in late
december - we'd rarely camp, but stay in the huts on this particular
small campsite and do christmas dinner etc. One year we put a large
aerosol can inside the turkey carcass and put it on the fire that we
were using to burn the rubbish. Bits of turkey bone were landing a
quarter of a mile away!

:D