POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Annoying problem Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:44 EDT (-0400)
  Annoying problem (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: St
Subject: Annoying problem
Date: 18 Oct 2007 06:01:35
Message: <47172eff$1@news.povray.org>
You know when you're sat at your PC and you have your mobile phone with you,
and then, when someone calls you or texts you, you get the signals through
your PC speakers? Well, hey, I don't mind that, but recently, over the last
three weeks I've been getting a signal that happens *every* 3 to 5 minutes
for a period of about 30 seconds throughout the day and night. It's
non-stop. I don't know what it is, and it's certainly not my mobile, (well,
I don't think it is, people have called me when it happens, and 'my' signal
is heard over the top of this mysterious signal). And it's always the same
pattern of signals.

  Seriously, it's really annoying now. I can't listen to music properly. Any
idea's as to what it might be?

     (Damn, there it goes again...)   >:o(

         ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

>  Seriously, it's really annoying now. I can't listen to music properly.
> Any idea's as to what it might be?
>
>     (Damn, there it goes again...)   >:o(

Any other wireless devices nearby? (another mobile, blue-tooth, cordless
land-line etc).  It seems like your speakers (or the amplified/cabling
inside them) are not particularly well shielded against this sort of
radiation...

Post a reply to this message

>>  Seriously, it's really annoying now. I can't listen to music properly.
>> Any idea's as to what it might be?
>>
>>     (Damn, there it goes again...)   >:o(
>
> Any other wireless devices nearby? (another mobile, blue-tooth, cordless
> land-line etc).  It seems like your speakers (or the amplified/cabling
> inside them) are not particularly well shielded against this sort of
> radiation...

      IT'S STOPPED! :) Yaaay, thanks Scott, it was my son's Bluetooth on his
mobile. He turned it off, and I haven't had the problem, well, since you
posted, 35 minutes ago.  :)

      ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

>      IT'S STOPPED! :) Yaaay, thanks Scott, it was my son's Bluetooth on
> his mobile. He turned it off, and I haven't had the problem, well, since
> you posted, 35 minutes ago.  :)
>
>      ~Steve~

bab babap  bab babap bab babap (ad lib)... ;-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

>>      IT'S STOPPED! :) Yaaay, thanks Scott, it was my son's Bluetooth on
>> his mobile. He turned it off, and I haven't had the problem, well, since
>> you posted, 35 minutes ago.  :)
>>
>>      ~Steve~
>
> bab babap  bab babap bab babap (ad lib)... ;-)

Damn hiphop ringtones   ;)

Post a reply to this message

"M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> 4717386c@news.povray.org...
>>
>>      IT'S STOPPED! :) Yaaay, thanks Scott, it was my son's Bluetooth on
>> his mobile. He turned it off, and I haven't had the problem, well, since
>> you posted, 35 minutes ago.  :)
>>
>>      ~Steve~
>
> bab babap  bab babap bab babap (ad lib)... ;-)

     LOL! That's exactly how it was! (Well, close, I guess).

     "Silence is golden, golden..."  :)

          ~Steve~

> Marc

Post a reply to this message

> You know when you're sat at your PC and you have your mobile phone with you,
> and then, when someone calls you or texts you, you get the signals through
> your PC speakers?

  It depends on the speakers, actually. Mine don't emit that sound (or they
do it very quietly if there's absolute silence otherwise).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> You know when you're sat at your PC and you have your mobile phone with you,
>> and then, when someone calls you or texts you, you get the signals through
>> your PC speakers?
>
>   It depends on the speakers, actually. Mine don't emit that sound (or they
> do it very quietly if there's absolute silence otherwise).

I don't know about *sound*, but the picture on my monitor goes wobbly
just before I recieve a text message or phone call.

(Oddly, *during* such a call the picture is fine. I guess it's the
polling signal or something... I don't really understand GSM.)

Post a reply to this message

> I don't know about *sound*, but the picture on my monitor goes wobbly
> just before I recieve a text message or phone call.

We had a ham radio operator up the street you could hear talking through
the electric organ (as in, piano-like musical device) we had. We
complained, but managed to convince him it was coming out the light
bulbs.  Was very amusing.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we