POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity Server Time
12 Oct 2024 02:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual insanity (Message 61 to 70 of 123)
From: St
Subject: Re: Game over
Date: 25 Sep 2007 08:50:20
Message: <46f9040c$1@news.povray.org>
news:46f9013e$1@news.povray.org...
> Well, I finally managed to get back in contact. My joy was short-lived
> though. Apparently in "the next month or so" she's moving house to a place
> many hours' drive from here.

    <sigh> Meet her before she goes...

> I feel sick. Physically.

     Watch that keyboard...  :)

> Life is just so violently unfair. The ONLY thing I want in this world is
> to have a girlfriend. And no matter what I do, this goal remains
> completely unattainable.
>
> I feel so miserable right now...

    Just move out and get a place of your own. Dammit, I'm ordering you to
do that! (Just kidding!)  ;)

    Come on Andrew, get your act together.

      ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 25 Sep 2007 08:53:39
Message: <46f904d3$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>> Well, I finally managed to get back in contact. My joy was short-lived
>> though. Apparently in "the next month or so" she's moving house to a place
>> many hours' drive from here.
>
>     <sigh> Meet her before she goes...

Yeah. Inbetween her having to finish her PhD in the next 17 days and her
employer who might be sending her to Japan on Thursday and she's going
on holiday to somewhere else in a few weeks' time and...

>> I feel sick. Physically.
>
>      Watch that keyboard...  :)

Hey, maybe it'll wash some of the tissue dust off it...

>     Just move out and get a place of your own. Dammit, I'm ordering you to
> do that! (Just kidding!)  ;)
>
>     Come on Andrew, get your act together.

I fail to see how getting a place of my own is going to help in any way,
shape or form. (Never mind the minor detail that I already know I can't
afford it...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

> Yeah. Inbetween her having to finish her PhD in the next 17 days and her
> employer who might be sending her to Japan on Thursday and she's going on
> holiday to somewhere else in a few weeks' time and...

      Well, maybe she isn't the one for you then, but there's plenty more
out there...

>>     Come on Andrew, get your act together.
>
> I fail to see how getting a place of my own is going to help in any way,
> shape or form. (Never mind the minor detail that I already know I can't
> afford it...)

      Gah... <starts banging head against wall>. You are SO frustrating
Andrew.  :o/

       ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

>> Yeah. Inbetween her having to finish her PhD in the next 17 days and her
>> employer who might be sending her to Japan on Thursday and she's going on
>> holiday to somewhere else in a few weeks' time and...
>
>       Well, maybe she isn't the one for you then, but there's plenty more
> out there...

*sigh* Yeah, it seems she isn't. And that makes me very sad indeed. I
was so hoping she would be... Now I've gone from "I might have a
girlfriend in a few weeks" back to plain "I am hopelessly single", with
no future in sight. Great.

There are plenty of *people* out there, some of whom are female, but it
seems there are very few indeed who are suitable for me. I don't doubt
they exist - just my ability to find them. :-(

>>>     Come on Andrew, get your act together.
>> I fail to see how getting a place of my own is going to help in any way,
>> shape or form. (Never mind the minor detail that I already know I can't
>> afford it...)
>
>       Gah... <starts banging head against wall>. You are SO frustrating
> Andrew.  :o/

Incidentally... that pain you're feeling in your head right now? I get
that when I cough. Which I seem to be doing a lot right now...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

>>       Gah... <starts banging head against wall>. You are SO frustrating
>> Andrew.  :o/
>
> Incidentally... that pain you're feeling in your head right now? I get
> that when I cough. Which I seem to be doing a lot right now...

    My friend, believe me when I tell you that my head hurts almost
permanently now, and you wouldn't want what's producing it. Really.

     ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

> I fail to see how getting a place of my own is going to help in any
> way, shape or form.

Grown up women in the UK generally don't mind that their potential boyfriend
live with his mother?

> (Never mind the minor detail that I already know
> I can't afford it...)

I'm curious. How can that be, when you have a job? Do you have some huge
expenses or do you only work part-time or something?

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

>> I fail to see how getting a place of my own is going to help in any
>> way, shape or form.
>
> Grown up women in the UK generally don't mind that their potential boyfriend
> live with his mother?

Well, I'm 27, she's 25, not sure if that qualifies as "grown up".

>> (Never mind the minor detail that I already know
>> I can't afford it...)
>
> I'm curious. How can that be, when you have a job? Do you have some huge
> expenses or do you only work part-time or something?

Housing prices in the UK are currently astronomical. (But don't worry;
the prices are going to start going down any minute now... OK, maybe in
a minute or two... no, really, they can't just keep rising forever...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:13:50 +0100, Orchid XP v3 wrote:

>> Grown up women in the UK generally don't mind that their potential
>> boyfriend live with his mother?
>
> Well, I'm 27, she's 25, not sure if that qualifies as "grown up".

It does.  Trust me.

Jim

Post a reply to this message