POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:06 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual insanity (Message 104 to 113 of 123)
From: Orchid XP v3
Subject: Re: Game over
Date: 27 Sep 2007 16:25:16
Message: <46fc11ac$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

>> What - the fact that what might have been a beautiful relationship will
>> now never be is "insulting"?
>
> No, the fact that possibly making a new friend makes you very sad.

That's not what makes me sad. What makes me sad is that I am never going
to SEE this person. I'll never even know what she looks like.

> How often do you complain that you don't know anyone who like you. Now
> you've got a good chance to change that and, it appears, you're not really
> interested.

There are lots of people I vaguely know over the Internet who I
communicate with. What I'd really like is to have somebody I can
physically BE with - lots of the time. This girl may or may not become
my "friend", but I'm never going to be able to hang out with her. And I
was so looking forward to it...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Post a reply to this message

> That's not what makes me sad. What makes me sad is that I am never going
> to SEE this person. I'll never even know what she looks like.

Ask her to send you a photo

> There are lots of people I vaguely know over the Internet who I
> communicate with. What I'd really like is to have somebody I can
> physically BE with - lots of the time. This girl may or may not become
> my "friend", but I'm never going to be able to hang out with her. And I
> was so looking forward to it...

You have her phone number. That puts her well ahead of most of your internet
acquaintances. Maybe in a year or 2 she'll be back in your area, or maybe
she'll visit the area from time to time. If you let this slip away, you'll
never know.

Post a reply to this message