POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multicore insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Multicore insanity (Message 49 to 58 of 58)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: Multicore insanity
Date: 10 Sep 2007 10:53:03
Message: <op.tyf0y2byc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:50:16 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
>> And what, you'd prefer that everyone had to pay a kind of
>> mid-range-price
>> for the top version, when 90% of home users won't care about all the
>> features in the top version?  Or that MS develop 2 or 3 totally separate
>> product lines, probably making all prices higher due to far more
>> development
>> required?
>
>   No, I would prefer they do the same thing as Apple.

Fine go buy a copy of OS X and install it on your PC... oh wait you can't.
It's easy to sell the OS at one price when it's constricted to one
hardware platform that you also own.

Scott nailed it, it's makes more econmical sense to make one OS then
disable some of its parts and sell them at a 'discount'. You're

same time those who are willing to pay the full whack for the 'added'
features will do so.

you're coining it elsewhere.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> Fine go buy a copy of OS X and install it on your PC... oh wait you can't.

  Yes, I can:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
                                                          - Warp