POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Power (Message 51 to 60 of 133)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Power
Date: 3 Sep 2007 21:46:48
Message: <46dcb908$1@news.povray.org>
> Mine has a nifty engine that breaks down all sorts of bio matter into
> simple carbohydrates and then burns them.  It's flexible enough to work on
> matter as diverse as fruits, grains, and meats, although certain spices
> have been known to give it trouble.  Also, you need a fair amount of fiber
> mixed in, otherwise the whole thing can get clogged.

Rent-A-Ruminant?

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Attwood
Date: 3 Sep 2007 22:13:17
Message: <46dcbf3d@news.povray.org>
> Why do you think that those frequencies are far above 50 Hz?

50 Hz = 3000 rpm, but some of the parts like the valves only
move during a portion of a revolution, and have higher frequencies.
Camshafts are 2:1, I think, so if a lobe is about 30 degrees then
the upper frequency might be around (50*2*24)=2400 Hz sound
at 3000 rpm, or 160 Hz at a 200 rpm idle.

Post a reply to this message

>> Mine has a nifty engine that breaks down all sorts of bio matter into
>> simple carbohydrates and then burns them.  It's flexible enough to work on
>> matter as diverse as fruits, grains, and meats, although certain spices
>> have been known to give it trouble.  Also, you need a fair amount of fiber
>> mixed in, otherwise the whole thing can get clogged.
>
> Rent-A-Ruminant?

Nah, one of these :)

http://www.peoplepoweredmachines.com/reel_mower_landing.htm?gclid=CJjJm8adqY4CFQsEIwod4SvTSw

--