POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: scott
Date: 4 Sep 2007 04:13:39
Message: <46dd13b3@news.povray.org>
>> I was just illustrating that a normal mobile phone can do all that stuff
>> (both transmitting and receiving to the base station) for around 10 mW.
>
> I *think* the xmit power of a cell phone is a bit more than that...But
> I'd have to check.

Sorry yes, that was average power for the whole phone, a phone can transmit
at higher powers (if you are in a very weak signal area) but only for a very
short time period (I guess just 1 packet every minute or so to let the base
stations in range know you are still there incase of an incoming call).  Of
course if you are in a call average power use will be much higher, which is
why "talk-time" is something like 8 hours and "standby time" is usually a
week or so.