POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: scott
Date: 4 Sep 2007 04:17:10
Message: <46dd1486@news.povray.org>
> Without *anything* happening, it uses 110 W.

Ah good to know, it's roughly what I suspected...

> With my stonking-great video card with a fan the size of a plannet, it
> uses 190 W. (Roughly. It waivers a lot.) During the boot sequence it tops
> 280 W. (Presumably when all those electric motors all start up at once...)

It seems to me that before Windows gets going (or more specifically all the
device drivers) everything just runs in max power mode.  Once Windows is in
charge of the PC it can then back things off like the GFX card and putting
the CPU in sleep mode when it's not needed.

OOC what power does it use when you're doing nothing in the BIOS settings
screen?