POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For Andy... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  For Andy... (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Chambers
Subject: For Andy...
Date: 18 Jan 2009 15:45:32
Message: <3DFC94681AFB4E0A98DB5260CC55E9D8@HomePC>
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Its-All-About-C,-The-CIA-Interview,--Not
-People-Like-You.aspx

Just to let you know that you're not the only one with bad experiences
from job searches J

...Ben Chambers

www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: For Andy...
Date: 19 Jan 2009 06:57:52
Message: <49746ac0$1@news.povray.org>

http://tinyurl.com/9au6ru

> Just to let you know that you're not the only one with bad experiences
> from job searches J

"What's THIS?"
"BSc in Computer Science?"
"Do you have any idea what we DO here?"
"You examine computer-related patents?"
"Exactly. We don't need people like YOU here!"

Riiight. Suddenly a whole lot of patents make perfect sense... ;-)

Seriously, this this kind of stupidity happen in any other industry?
Does anybody hire an electrician who obviously knows nothing about
electricity? Do people hire plumbers who don't know how to plumb? Has
any brick layer ever been to an interview where the interviewer clearly
hasn't got a clue how bricks actually work??

Inquiring minds want to know...

Post a reply to this message

> Riiight. Suddenly a whole lot of patents make perfect sense... ;-)

Should read:

Suddenly a whole lot of *software* patents make perfect sense ...

> Seriously, this this kind of stupidity happen in any other industry?
> Does anybody hire an electrician who obviously knows nothing about
> electricity? Do people hire plumbers who don't know how to plumb? Has
> any brick layer ever been to an interview where the interviewer clearly
> hasn't got a clue how bricks actually work??

You haven't seen the hiring practices by the construction subcontractors
out here ...

They pull up to a day labor station, load 'em up in the back of their
pick-up, and drive them to the job site. Of course, electrical and
plumbing are double checked after the work is done by someone who is
certified.

But, laying bricks? Nah.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> Riiight. Suddenly a whole lot of patents make perfect sense... ;-)
>
> Should read:
>
> Suddenly a whole lot of *software* patents make perfect sense ...

Or rather, suddenly the concept of even allowing software patents in the
first place makes sense!

> You haven't seen the hiring practices by the construction subcontractors
> out here ...
>
> They pull up to a day labor station, load 'em up in the back of their
> pick-up, and drive them to the job site. Of course, electrical and
> plumbing are double checked after the work is done by someone who is
> certified.
>
> But, laying bricks? Nah.

And now I understand why I work in a building where the doors don't work
properly! o_O

Post a reply to this message