POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For Andy... : Re: For Andy... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 13:02:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Andy...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Jan 2009 09:38:19
Message: <4974905b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>> They pull up to a day labor station, load 'em up in the back of their
>> pick-up, and drive them to the job site. Of course, electrical and
>> plumbing are double checked after the work is done by someone who is
>> certified.
>>
>> But, laying bricks? Nah.
>
> And now I understand why I work in a building where the doors don't work
> properly! o_O

Dunno what the situation is in the UK, but here in the state that
borders Mexico, the subcontractors take advantage of the immigrants from
down south, knowing that they're probably "under the radar" they can
simply pay them by the day, and know they can pay below minimum wage and
get away with it, because if they complained about their pay rate,
they'd likely be deported anyway since they don't have a work visa, or
citizenship.

It's sad, but that's how things work around here.
--
~Mike