POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For Andy... : Re: For Andy... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Andy...
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jan 2009 06:47:01
Message: <4979ae35@news.povray.org>
>> Seriously, this this kind of stupidity happen in any other industry?
>
> YES.
>
> It's when Managers think that their skill set (of "managing") is
> transferrable to other industries.

Here's a thought: Some people seem to apply this backwards too. Stuff
like this:

"Hey, we need a new manager for the machine floor."
"Let's find the best machine operator there is and promote them!"
"Great idea!"

Except that, AFAIK, "managing" is about people skills. Somebody who's
really good at operating a complex machine isn't necessarily good with
people. They might be, but it doesn't automatically follow.