POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering Artifact Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:47:49 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Artifact (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Hendricks266
Subject: Rendering Artifact
Date: 15 Jun 2011 12:40:01
Message: <web.4df8df35a0dfeb0d7ba54dec0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm new to POV-Ray, and I'm having trouble with rendering. I'm working on a
project to form cross-sections of an object (it's not quite done yet), and I'm
experiencing odd rendering artifacts coming from my bounding box. I'm rendering
the intersection between the box and the object. Making the box invisible
prevents the artifacts but it produces other undesirable effects. I've tried
making all the lights shadowless, but nothing changed.

Does anyone know why these artifacts are caused, and what I can do to get rid of
them?

My files, including a script to render the code, and a set of pre-rendered
images, are located here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3jm3i8j2iepepac/sphere-slice-artifact.zip

Thanks for any help.

Post a reply to this message