POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : My images are too 'clinical'. Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  My images are too 'clinical'. (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: D103
Subject: Re: My images are too 'clinical'.
Date: 22 Jan 2011 21:25:01
Message: <web.4d3b9074cf3f09e7fec8ce260@news.povray.org>
As regards the brick wall, I have gone for a simple box with a more complex
texture.

I have also made a piece of "paper" from a bicubic_patch, I have used rand for
the first time to wrinkle the paper and place it randomly with a while loop. It
took some time, but I have found rand really helpful.

For my light in the lamp I have used a frame. This is causing far too harsh
shadows, even with radiosity. I don't want to use an area light if possible, are
there any other options?

About the macros used to build bricks, how do they work? I have read the files
but don't really understand them. Also I keep reading posts where people say to
use macros to build a mesh, but I have no idea of how to do this.

D103

Post a reply to this message

> For my light in the lamp I have used a frame. This is causing far too harsh
> shadows, even with radiosity. I don't want to use an area light if possible, are
> there any other options?

Don't be afraid of area lights.

Post a reply to this message