POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to get preserve color through an intersection call? Server Time
4 Jul 2024 14:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  How to get preserve color through an intersection call? (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Brad
Subject: Re: How to get preserve color through an intersection call?
Date: 3 Oct 2010 16:50:01
Message: <web.4ca8ec73627fd6a8881e51860@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the continued help everyone. I'm slowly making progress.

Here is what I've got so far. The ball, with a Silver_Metal texture, surrounded
by 5 walls. I added a bit of ambient light to it so that you could see the
silver ball a bit better, although I think it looks like real crap.

http://yfrog.com/jvcodeup

Any ideas on how I could light the scene besides this ambient look to make it
look nicer? When I added a light_source right behind the camera it didn't look
too good because of a sort of black shadow that was always visible behind the
ball, as seen in the following:

http://yfrog.com/j5codeghp

Once I get the scene looking a little nicer I play on rotating the ball and
making a movie out of it, but I'm not fully happy with how it looks right now.
Ideas?

Is there a way for me to visualize the light rays that are hitting the wall, as
if there were dust in the air? Would I just fill the observable area with a
white box with almost perfect transparency? Or is there a more professional way
to do this (surely....)?

Post a reply to this message