POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to get preserve color through an intersection call? : Re: How to get preserve color through an intersection call? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to get preserve color through an intersection call?
From: Alain
Date: 4 Oct 2010 16:10:54
Message: <4caa34ce$1@news.povray.org>

> I figured out my issues, which were numerous. Here is my current result:
>
> http://yfrog.com/fvcode5int5samplesp
>
> Took 22 minutes to render on my computer. I'm steping up the interval and
> sampling rate to make a better image though. This program is mind-blowingly fun
> :)
>
> Thanks for all the help. No more questions in this thread :)

Don't increase the intervals value as it will kill your render times.
Only increase samples.

samples 100 will render faster than intervals 10 samples 5 for twice the
total samples.

While you can use samples 10, 100, only the "10" will be used ans the
"100" will be totaly ignored.

The defaults value from the documentation are for smpling method 1. The
default sampling method is method 3. It's defaults are:
intervals 1 // NEVER change that!
samples 10 // MUST be 3 or larger.

Alain