POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : realistic smoke with high degree of transparency Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:04:20 EDT (-0400)
  realistic smoke with high degree of transparency (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: rodv92
Subject: realistic smoke with high degree of transparency
Date: 5 Sep 2010 14:15:00
Message: <web.4c83d711edeea7abe03d6d450@news.povray.org>
HEllo group, and pov ray gurus i am currently stugggling at making a realistic
smoke, but whenever i' scale it up, smoke appears completely black and white and
let's no light throught it, i played with scaling options of emissions but my
objective it to provide some real transluscent smoke like in realist chimney
that pump quite low emissions that when we've seen in the 19 century industrial
chimenys !

here is the code that is not working when scaling thanhs to lowmuller pages !
when i cale it to about 150 all i get is completly black and white smoke that
not let light through... it now that emission directive shoud de scalled down
(divided by the bontainer scale, but no way)

sphere{ <0,0,0>, 1.5  // increased from 1 to 1.5, because of the turbulent
pattern !!!
        pigment { rgbt 1 }
        hollow

 interior{ //---------------------
    media{ method 3
//           emission 0.6
           scattering{ 1, // Type 1 = isotropic scattering, 2 = Mie haze, 3 =
Mie murky
                          // Type 4 = Rayleigh scattering,  5 =
Henyey-Greenstein scattering
                       <1,1,1>*3.00   // color of scattering haze
                       extinction  1.50  //  // 0 ~ 1 extinction
                       // how fast the scattering media absorbs light
                       // useful i.e. when the media absorbs too much light
                    // eccentricity i.e. -0.6 ~ +0.6 (if type>1 )
           } // end scattering

           density{ spherical // or: boxed
                    turbulence 0.85
                    color_map {
                    [0.00 rgb 0] // density at the border of the media
                    [0.05 rgb 0]
                    [0.20 rgb 0.2]
                    [0.30 rgb 0.6]
                    [0.40 rgb 1]
                    [1.00 rgb 1] // densitiy at the center of the media
                               } // end color_map
           } // end of density

           samples 1,1     // 3,3 for adaptive sampling
           intervals 3     //
           confidence 0.9  //
     } // end of media
  } // ------------------ end of interior
 scale 1
 rotate<0,0,0>
 translate < -0.5, 1.50 + 0.20,0>

please somebody help me i am stuck

Post a reply to this message

When you scale up the object, you want to divide those numbers by the
same amount. So if you "scale 100", add "/ 100" to the end of those
lines. That will reduce the density proportionately and should keep it
looking about the same.

Post a reply to this message