POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : getting some existing value as a variable Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:50:22 EDT (-0400)
  getting some existing value as a variable (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mr
Subject: getting some existing value as a variable
Date: 3 Sep 2009 09:30:00
Message: <web.4a9fc4204fc5d1a76ce87ead0@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to get some already defined parameter as the value for some
variable? My reason to ask is I would like to keep the value output by my
exporter for some parameter (light position), and use it in a hand written
macro (SBenge SSS) This would allow to move the light and not having to always
modify the variable pov code by hand.

Say I have a light
light_source { <x,y,z> rgb <1,1,1>*3 spotlight point_at
<-0.281606,0.960535,-0.0901413> falloff 15 radius 12.75 fade_distance 30}

is there anything like
#declare
lpos = light_source.position
that would evaluate to lpos=<x,y,z> ?