POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : getting some existing value as a variable : Re: getting some existing value as a variable Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:39:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: getting some existing value as a variable
From: Chris B
Date: 3 Sep 2009 12:39:05
Message: <4a9ff129@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4a9fc4204fc5d1a76ce87ead0@news.povray.org...
> Is it possible to get some already defined parameter as the value for some
> variable? My reason to ask is I would like to keep the value output by my
> exporter ...

I agree with what's been said so far and at the risk of stating the obvious
I just wanted to check what you meant by "my exporter". If it's an exporter
you've written then you can of course get your exporter to #declare a vector
for the location of your light and use it in both the light_source and for
any subsequent purposes that you wish:

#declare LPos = <x,y,z>;
light_source {LPos rgb ....

Of course, if you just mean "the exporter you're using" then this is no
help.

Regards,
Chris B.