POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : getting some existing value as a variable : Re: getting some existing value as a variable Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:37:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: getting some existing value as a variable
From: Mr
Date: 3 Sep 2009 13:05:00
Message: <web.4a9ff619300e4d4f15e458d60@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to get some already defined parameter as the value for some
> > variable? My reason to ask is I would like to keep the value output by my
> > exporter ...
>
> I agree with what's been said so far and at the risk of stating the obvious
> I just wanted to check what you meant by "my exporter". If it's an exporter
> you've written then you can of course get your exporter to #declare a vector
> for the location of your light and use it in both the light_source and for
> any subsequent purposes that you wish:
>
> #declare LPos = <x,y,z>;
> light_source {LPos rgb ....
>
> Of course, if you just mean "the exporter you're using" then this is no
> help.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Unfortunately, it's the exporter I'm using :( Blend2pov) a gpl version used to
exist but nobody has ported it to the current version of blender 2.49 without
closing the source afterwards and since it's not a script anyway but hardcoded,
there's even less chance that I could understand and change it (yet) anyway.
Maybe in a few years/months.