POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tips on making good wood textures? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Tips on making good wood textures? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mathuin
Subject: Tips on making good wood textures?
Date: 15 Oct 2008 00:20:01
Message: <web.48f56f273998cf1cd8a103ef0@news.povray.org>
I'm at a point where I'd really like to replace 'texture { T_Wood1 }' with
something that looks more realistic.  I have a need for light wood, dark wood,
and painted wood.  The only example I could find of painted wood that seemed to
match what I was thinking was from an IRTC entry named 'mousetrp', but I don't
even know how you guys come up with these things.

With CSG, I can stare at the object in my hand and figure out how to add and
subtract just about everything I need.  With this, I have no clue.  If anyone
has any pointers to useful resources which will help me figure this out, I'd
really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message