POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:35 EDT (-0400)
  How do I... (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: sumdumguy
Subject: Re: How do I...
Date: 25 Jun 2007 23:45:01
Message: <web.46808ae7b9f20e2fe08693640@news.povray.org>
"sumdumguy" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I am looking to create an effect where I have a tube and there is algae
> growing
> off of it. The rough shape is similar to this image:
> http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/hawks/191/ChekJawa/chek3.jpg
> That seems to be a real thing so no pov model is available :).
> I am wondering whether there is a tool which generates such things. It is
> not
> quite landscape or tree generator (needs to be semitransparent and no
> branching
> and does not grow on a plane but on a tube, also needs to "wiggle").

They seem to have removed the image. It can be found by GIS for:
"colorful tube anemone" Cerianthus

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 26 Jun 2007 00:47:15
Message: <46809a53$1@news.povray.org>
"sumdumguy" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> "sumdumguy" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I am looking to create an effect where I have a tube and there is algae
>> growing
>> off of it. The rough shape is similar to this image:
>> http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/hawks/191/ChekJawa/chek3.jpg
>> That seems to be a real thing so no pov model is available :).
>> I am wondering whether there is a tool which generates such things. It is
>> not
>> quite landscape or tree generator (needs to be semitransparent and no
>> branching
>> and does not grow on a plane but on a tube, also needs to "wiggle").
>
> They seem to have removed the image. It can be found by GIS for:
> "colorful tube anemone" Cerianthus

     It's there for me. You could try a free modelling program like Wings3D,
www.wings3d.com

     You would create your model/s in Wings, and then import it/them into
free PoseRay, http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

      Add your textures, and then export the models to free PoV-Ray.

        HTH

       ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message